MEET THE TEAM
Hugh O’Donnell | CEO
- 26yrs experience as people development and safety leadership champion in the oil and gas industry
- Experienced in leading across a global environment in senior executive capacity
- Working in partnership with clients has delivered outstanding success in continuous improvement
- B. Eng, MBA and Doctor of Management and Organizational Behavior
Alan Higgins | Operations Director
- 13yrs experience as Champion / Mentor / Training Facilitator in Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma BPI Black Belt; experienced in Simul8 and Simflex
- Extensive experience throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Extensive software development and application experience
- BSc in Supply Chain Management
Mike O’Brien | Program Director
- 15yrs experience working within a complex multi-functional modern business school environment
- Specializing in HRM and Organizational Behavior as program director and university lecturer
- Specialist in the design, planning, development and delivery of accredited and non-accredited tailored educational & training interventions
- Bachelor of Business Studies in HRM; MSc HRM; Chartered Fellow CIPD
Mel Cowan | Program Director
- 26yrs experience as Champion / Mentor / Training Facilitator in Continuous Improvement
- Experienced strategy, leadership, cultural change and organizational alignment.
- Coached more than 500 senior executives in the last 15 years
- Bachelor of Psychology and HRM; Masters in Human Synergistics
Eric Sandelands | Research Director
- 26yrs experience as training and development pioneer and leader in the oil and gas industry
- Experience includes UK, North America, the Middle East: Saudi Arabia and GCC countries, South Africa, and Russia.
- Working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders together to establish collaborative leadership
- Post-Graduate Diploma Management and Leadership, MBA, Doctor of Philosophy
Colette Bullock | HR Consultant
- 28 years’ experience in HR and Management professional with extensive public and private sectors.
- Specializing in performance management, training delivery and career planning.
- Designed and maintained employer networks to secure key talent within expanding and/or established organisations.
- Degree in Business Studies (Human Resources and Law), University of Limerick
Sarah MacCurtain | Consultant
- 15 years’ experience working within a complex multi-functional modern business school environment.
- Specializing in HRM and the delivery of Organisational Behaviour and the Psychology of Strategic Decision-Making and Change as program director and university lecturer.
- Experienced in International Collaborative Research networks.
- Ph.D., Masters in Business Studies, Diploma in Business Administration and B.A. in English and Economics
David Thornton | Lead SSH&E Consultant
- 15 years experience working as a HSE professional in the Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Engineering and Construction Industries (Shell, Kentz, Chevron)
- Managed implementation of HSE Management Systems
- Experienced in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certifications
- BSc. H Dip in Applied Science (Occupational Health and Safety and Hygiene)
Brendan Gordon | Senior Project Lead
- Training professional with over 16 years’ experience
- Program delivery across Europe and in the U.S.
- Experienced in multiple industries and sectors, including Oil & Gas and Technology
- Working with clients in talent and strategy development plans
- Fetac & NISO accredited
Olivia Hayes | Smart Choice Program Lead
- 16 years’ experience in program management, finance and client management programs.
- Experienced across multiple sectors such as Law, Accountancy, Real Estate.
- Management of program deployment and backend administration support.
- Honours Degree in Business Computing from the Limerick Institute of Technology
Jack McGrath | Project Lead
- Management of client engagement and project delivery
- Development of client Training Needs Analysis programs
- Experience in multimedia production and graphic design
- B. Eng. in Energy Systems Mechanical
Mike Murphy | Program Consultant
- 29 years’ experience in organisational development and strategy implementation.
- Experienced in senior executive roles leading across global markets.
- Working in partnership with multi-national, blue chip client organisations, has delivered outstanding success in development, people and international culture in winning & establishing new business.
- B. Eng, Elect.
Kevin Moroney | Finance Consultant
- 25 years’ experience in various aspects of financial and commercial sectors including Finance Director in Kentz.
- Managed business operations in Russia, Malaysia, Canada, and South Africa.
- Experience as Senior Vice-President within the Oil & Gas business unit with SNC Lavalin.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, professionally qualified through ACCA
Laura Tighe |Project Lead
- 6 years’ experience in cross-cultural training, development and in academic writing.
- A wealth of knowledge in setting customer expectations and execution of assignments.
- Holds a MSc Human Resource Management (CIPD), NUI Galway and a B.A. New Media and English, University of Limerick.
- Currently studying an M.Sc. in Human Resource Management.
Janna Gasanova | Project Administrator
- Office administration, client liaison, event coordination and program support.
- Experience in event management and client relationship management.
- Currently studying for a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology & Sociology from the University of Limerick.
Martin Lombard | Senior Consultant
- 20 years’ professional journey has encompassed senior executive roles in multiple global organisations including Anglo American Coal, SAB Miller, Volvo, Hyundai and Bosal.
- Expertise in organisational alignment, strategy, leadership, culture and learning.
- Bachelor of Economics from Stellenbosch, a Bachelor of Commerce with honours in Industrial Psychology, and a Masters in Industrial Psychology from UNISA in South Africa.
Mary Fitzpatrick | Consultant
- Mary Fitzpatrick is a lead educational developer and the Shannon Consortium regional teaching and learning advocate.
- She leads an inter-institutional project on regional teaching enhancement within three higher education institutions.
- Dr Mary Fitzpatrick SFSEDA, PhD, MBS, GDE (Bus), MCIPD, BBS Lead Educational Developer – Academic Professional Development
Rebecca Ryan | Project Support
- Experience in event management and client relationship management.
- Program management, client liaison, event coordination and program support.
- Rebecca holds a Bachelor of Arts in Irish Music and Dance and a Masters in Business Management.
Neil Backer | Consultant
- 30 years of strategic and operational leadership experience developing strong client and business relationships across a large, diverse and national organisation.
- Experience includes Australasia, the Middle East and Russia.
- Neil holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Management, Macquarie University and Senior Executive Programme, Columbia University Graduate School of Business.
Mike Groves | Senior OH&S Consultant
- Mike has over 15 years’ experience within HSE positions in the oil and gas industry.
- His roles have included Project HSE Director, Global HSE Director, Regional HSE Director, District HSE Manager and Safety Consultant.
- Mike has extensive experience working on the world’s largest Oil and Gas projects for Gorgon LNG, Qatar Shell GTL and RasGas LNG.
Di Murfit | OH&S Consultant
- 15 years’ experience facilitating behavioural change and improving key safety metrics across diverse and high risk contractor based work places.
- She has proven highly effective coaching, facilitating, mentoring and leadership skills, plus strengths in strategic planning and implementation of new coaching regimes.
- Di is ideally positioned to improve workplace culture as a Coach and Facilitator.
Anthony Jukes | Development Consultant
- Anthony is an energetic, strategic and results oriented trainer and coach with a proven ability to add value from a safety perspective for over 20 years.
- He is experienced at leading change across multiple heavy industry sectors (oil and gas, mining, civil, building and process engineering) within resource owner, engineering and contracting organisations.
Matt Hyland | OH&S Consultant
- Matt has extensive learning and development experience in supervisory and senior leadership roles providing mentoring and coaching to learning and development professionals within the Oil and Gas industry for over 12 years.
- Matt also has a strong Offshore EHS background.
- His project management and group facilitation skills enable Matt to positively influence within work and leadership groups.
Noel Conroy | Safety Consultant
- Noel is an accomplished and dedicated health, safety, environmental and quality professional.
- Noel has over 10 years valuable experience managing health, safety and environmental aspects in dynamic engineering, procurement and construction environments within the Oil and Gas industry.
Kim Rose | OH&S Consultant (Canada)
- 14 years’ experience in site safety inspections, toolbox talks, accident/incident investigations, and hazard assessments.
- Develop client-specific OH&S Programs and safe work practices/procedures.
- Certified auditor in COR and OH&S standards and procedures.